With main priorities, in this unprecedented era of the pandemic, the recovery of entrepreneurship and the financial support of our fellow citizens, the Ministry of Energy, Commerce and Industry, is at the forefront of the government’s efforts to restart the economy, with the planning of subsidies’ schemes of more than €90 million in 2021. The Ministry’s proposals for new schemes are estimated to be around €400m for the seven-year period between 2021 and 2027.
The first two subsidies’ schemes, concerning the strengthening of the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises in the manufacturing sector and the energy-saving upgrading of housing, are to be announced shortly.
As such, the Ministry will inform citizens and businesses through an on-line workshop on Tuesday, 26th of January 2021.
The workshop will be held between 15:00 p.m. and 16:00 p.m. and will be broadcast live on-line. The Minister Mrs. Pilides, together with her staff, will present the guides of the first two schemes that will be announced.
- Beneficiaries of the “Save-Upgrade in Residences” grant scheme are natural persons, owners of existing dwellings;
- Beneficiaries of the “Strengthening the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises in the manufacturing sector and other targeted economic activities” grant scheme can be:
- new or existing small and medium-sized enterprises in the manufacturing sector, as well as
- new or existing enterprises falling under certain economic activities, such as:
- food and beverage chemistry labs,
- testing laboratories for industrial products,
- product design and preparation of prototypes for industrial manufacturing purposes,
- production of edible and inedible ice,
- dismantling services for waste/machines,
- recycling of metallic and non-metallic waste and residues, and
- steam cleaners / laundries.
The link to register for the on-line workshop is the following:
Download the invitation including the agenda here.
For more information about the event contact IMH at 22505555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.