Speech and Language Therapist

Last Update on 05/01/2021

Practising as a Speech and Language Therapist

Registration Council of Speech and Language Pathologists
30A, Andrea Dimitriou, 2024, Strovolos
P.O.Box 16138
2086 Nicosia – Cyprus
Tel.: +357 22210456
Email: info@strc.org.cy
Website: https://www.strc.org.cy/


  1. The original completed application form must be accompanied by the following documents:

    • Certified copy of University Degree/ Diploma;
    • Certified copy of official Transcript of Academic Records;
    • Certified copy of Certificate of Equivalence by the Cyprus Council of Recognition of Higher Education Qualifications (KY.S.A.T.S.) (NOT required for graduates of private universities in Cyprus);
    • Original Certificate of Clear Criminal Record (from the Cyprus Police);
    • Certificate of membership in professional body of an EU Member State.

    Please note that the copies of the certificates, which are in Greek or in English can be certified either by the president of the community where the applicant resides or a certifying officer. Certificates in other languages must be translated and stamped by a registered sworn translator.

  • Registration fee (payable after approval) is €51,26
  • Annual Professional License fee is €34,17

Payments to be made to the following account:

Registration Council of Speech-Language Pathologists
Hellenic Bank Public Company Ltd.
Account No. 121- 01- 346304- 01

In case the deposit slip cannot be sent by post, the relevant payment details can be sent through sms to 97722563. As soon as this is done, an sms will be sent to the sender’s mobile phone no. for confirmation.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When you make the deposit ask the cashier to enter the name of the registered speech-language pathologist in full in the field named “Details”.

The practising licence expires on 31/12 of the year of issue.

Administrative Action Against a Competent Authority’s Decision

A person who is not satisfied by a Council decision may, within twenty (20) days of the date on which the Council’s decision is notified to him/her, challenge that decision by written Administrative Action to the Minister of Health; this provision is regulated in the Health Professionals Registration Councils (Exercise of Hierarchical Administrative Action) Law of 2017.

Any person may file an Administrative Action at the Administrative Court against a decision, act or omission of any competent authority or body.

Pursuant to Article 146 of the Constitution, an Administrative Action may be lodged within 75 days from the date of the decision or act or omission or from the day when such decision or act or omission was notified to the applicant.

The Administrative Court acts as a cassation Court and not as a substantive Court. In other words, the Administrative Court may:
I. Dismiss the Administrative Action
II. Annul wholly or partially the contested decision or act
III. Compel the relevant authority or body to take a certain action

After a decision is annulled, the authority and/or public body must reverse things back to the state prior to when the concerned decision and/or act was executed and reexamine.

Appeal Information

An Appeal may be filed against the Administrative Court’s first-instance decision within a period of 42 days from the date such a decision was given.

At the Supreme Court (Court of Appeal Section) hearing, the contested issue of the appeal remains the legality of the decision or act already adjudicated.

However, such a revision of the legality of the decision or act is solely examined on the matters and the extent that the two parties have limited the reasons in the relevant notice of appeal.

The decision adopted by the Supreme Court is considered final in relation to the matter that has been judged.