Point of Single Contact (PSC) Cyprus
Within the scope of harmonization with the Services Directive, the Ministry of Energy, Commerce and Industry has established the Point of Single Contact (PSC Cyprus) in order to facilitate the establishment of businesses in the services sector and the cross border provision of services within the internal market.
The PSC Cyprus is meant to become the single interlocutor, by fulfilling a coordinating role, between service providers and competent authorities, for the gathering of information and the completion of the relevant procedures and formalities, which service providers have to comply with, in the Republic of Cyprus, in order to have access to, or exercise a service activity, whether through the establishment of a business or by providing temporary services across border from another EU member state.
The PSC Cyprus portal, https://www.businessincyprus.gov.cy, serves businesses and entrepreneurs, whether established in the Republic of Cyprus or in other EU member states, interested in pursuing their business aspirations in the services sector of Cyprus. The portal provides comprehensive information relating to the procedures and formalities required for access to, and the exercise of, service activities in the Republic of Cyprus and online submission of certain application forms.
Procedures for access to, and the exercise of, service activities and regulated professions are available through the portal’s search engine and, also by category or alphabetically.
The PSC Cyprus Portal offers:
- provision of information regarding procedures and formalities required for the access to, and exercise of, service activities, either through the establishment of a business or through the cross border provision of services, that fall within the scope of the Services Directive;
- provision of information regarding the horizontal procedures and formalities related to the setting up of a business in the Republic of Cyprus, such as income tax registration, VAT registration, registration of different types of entities;
- provision of a wide range of matters such as the economic and business environment, taxation system, environmental regulations, financial assistance, Cyprus in general;
- provision of information for service recipients;
- provision of information for businessmen interested in expanding a business in Europe;
- electronic submission of applications for certain procedures related to the pursuit of service activities/regulated professions.
Additionally, through the physical PSC Cyprus/One-Stop Shop the following services are offered:
- provision of general information and guidance to investors, regardless of nationality, interested in establishing their business activities in the Republic of Cyprus in any sector of activity;
- completion of procedures related to the establishment of a business in the Republic of Cyprus:
- Company, Partnership, Business Name registration.