In order to practice as a dental technician in the Republic of Cyprus, one needs to register with the Cyprus Council for the Registration of Dental Technicians and Laboratories, operating under the auspices of the Ministry of Health.
The term “dental technician” refers to the person who is engaged in the creation of casts/mould, the processing of metals and other materials for denture works, the assembly of additional works related to partial or whole dental plate, dental crowns, and dental bridges orthodontic machines, telescopic crowns and preciseness links and any other relevant work undertaken upon the written instructions of a dentist.
Every natural person is eligible to register to the Dental Technicians Registry, provided that the Cyprus Council for the Registration of Dental Technicians and Laboratories is satisfied that the following criteria are met:
- is a citizen of the Republic of Cyprus or of another EU member state;
- is at least twenty one years old;
- is of a good character;
- holds a Degree or Diploma in Dental Technology, obtained by a university or school that the Cyprus Council for the Registration of Dental Technicians and Laboratories (Council) deems recognized and has practical experience of at least six months at an accredited by the Council dental laboratory; or
- holds a professional degree in Dental Technology or an equivalent degree recognized by the Council and has practical experience of at least one year at an accredited by the Council dental laboratory; or
- have practical experience, in another EU member state, at a dental laboratory that is accredited by the competent authority of the EU member state of establishment.
The Application for entry in the Dental Technician Register can be submitted either through the PSC Cyprus or by contacting directly the competent authority:
Cyprus Council for the Registration of Dental Technicians and Laboratories
Sialou Kalli 6A,
2220 Latsia - Nicosia
Tel.: +357 22603182, +357 99697155
Fax : +357 22571369
The application should be accompanied by the following documents:
- copy of degree or diploma (along with certified translation of the degree or diploma);
- copy of identity card or passport;
- copy of dental technician’s practice licence issued by the competent authority of the EU member state of establishment (if applicable);
- registration fee of €51 (payable either by cheque or bank transfer).
The applicant is informed regarding the authorisation decision within four months from the date that the application form and supporting documents were duly submitted.
The Registration Certificate is valid until retirement.
Obligations & Supervision
Cyprus Association of Dental Technicians
Ioanni Polemi & Polideki 3, Limassol
Tel.: 99409429, 25336405