Home Page European Professional Card (EPC)

European Professional Card (EPC)

Show details for What is a European Professional Card (EPC)?What is a European Professional Card (EPC)?

Hide details for Where does it appy?Where does it appy?

For the moment, you can use the EPC procedure only if you are:

• a nurse responsible for general care;
• a pharmacist;
• a physiotherapist;
• a mountain guide (not applicable in the Republic of Cyprus);
• a real estate agent.

Hide details for You can use the EPC procedure if:You can use the EPC procedure if:


you want to practise your profession in another EU country on a temporary and occasional basis (temporary mobility)

• A Belgian real estate agent wants to go to Hungary to assist a client with the search of an apartment in Budapest;

• A German mountain guide wants to work in France during the busy Chamonix holiday season.


• you want to settle in another EU country and practise your profession there permanently (establishment)


• A Finnish general care nurse wants to move with her family to Sweden and practise her profession there;

• A Polish pharmacist has studied and obtained her diploma in Germany and she now wants to come back to Poland and work as a pharmacist there.

Show details for For how long can you use your EPC?For how long can you use your EPC?

Hide details for How to apply for a EPC?How to apply for a EPC?

To apply for an EPC, you will first need to sign in with EU Login, through the European Commission Authentication Service (ECAS). You will need to create an account, if you don't have one already.

It will then take a few minutes to complete your EPC profile with your personal information and contact details.

Once your profile information is complete, you can create an application, upload electronically scanned copies of the relevant documents and submit them to your home country authority. You can use the Simulator to check which relevant documents you need and fees to be paid.

Each supporting document should be scanned and then uploaded as a separate file.

In your profile you can update your contact details (e-mail address, telephone number) anytime. Once the first application is submitted, you can no longer update your personal data (ID or passport number, your last name or nationality - which will appear on the certificate) yourself, but will have to request an update to the authority handling your file.

For each application, both home country and host country authorities could charge you fees to examine your file. If they do, you will receive a separate invoice from each authority.
Authorities may also ask you to provide certified copies of your documents, if they can't verify the validity of your documents.

For more information follow this link.

 Home Page | Site Map | GR


A - / A +

Last Update on: 01/07/2020 03:31:41 PM

© 2009 - 2020 Republic of Cyprus,
Ministry of Energy, Commerce and Industry, Point of Single Contact

Home Page | Government Web Portal
Disclaimer | Webmaster