What is a European Professional Card (EPC)?
Where does it appy?
You can use the EPC procedure if:
you want to practise your profession in another EU country on a temporary and occasional basis (temporary mobility)
• A Belgian real estate agent wants to go to Hungary to assist a client with the search of an apartment in Budapest;
• A German mountain guide wants to work in France during the busy Chamonix holiday season.
• you want to settle in another EU country and practise your profession there permanently (establishment)
• A Finnish general care nurse wants to move with her family to Sweden and practise her profession there;
• A Polish pharmacist has studied and obtained her diploma in Germany and she now wants to come back to Poland and work as a pharmacist there.
For how long can you use your EPC?
The EPC will be valid:
• indefinitely if you are settling long-term (establishment);
• 18 months in most cases where you're providing services temporarily, or 12 months for professions which have an impact on public health or safety (i.e.: this could be the case in certain countries for professions such as physiotherapist or mountain guide).
How to apply for a EPC?