In order to obtain the certificate for the Recognition of Titles (or Degrees) of Higher Education, one needs to apply to the Cyprus Council for the Recognition of Higher Education Qualifications (KY.S.A.T.S.).
KY.S.A.T.S. (Council for the Recognition of Higher Education Qualifications) is the Competent Authority for the recognition of Titles (or Degrees) which were awarded from institutions of Higher Education, recognized in the country they operate. KY.S.A.T.S. is a member of the NARIC (National Academic Recognition Information Centres), ENIC (European Network of National Information Centres on academic recognition and mobility) and MERIC (Mediterranean Recognition Information Centres) networks.
The application for the recognition of titles of studies must be submitted by hand to the competent authority:
Cyprus Council for the Recognition of Higher Education Qualifications (KY.S.A.T.S.)
Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports and Youth
Kimonos & Thoukydides Corner
Tel.: + 357 22 806357
Fax: + 357 22 800866
A separate application must be submitted for each Title (or Degree) for which recognition is sought.
The application needs to be accompanied by the following supporting documents:
- certified copy of apolyterion (high school certificate) of secondary education (Official translation in Greek or English for each document);
- certified copy of the Title/Titles or Degrees concerning the recognition application (Official translation in Greek or English for each document);
- diploma supplement or, where is not possible, an official transcript, for each Title (Official translation in Greek or English for each document);
- receipt of payment of fees of €85,43.
Submission of detailed description of courses is recommended.
In the case where submission or collection of documents is not possible by the applicant himself, a written authorization is required.
In the case of post-graduated studies, submission of the diplomatic work and a document certifying that it was examined by the responsible Committee, is likely to be required.
Certification of the copies may be obtained in one of the following ways:
- certification of the photocopy from the institution which awarded the Title (or Degree);
- contrast of the photocopy to the original from the assistant of KYSATS Certification of the photocopy from a Cyprus Embassy or High Commission;
- certification of the photocopy from the Press and Information Office.
The authorization procedure is carried out as soon as possible and no later than 3 months from the date that the application form and supporting documents were duly submitted. Upon approval, the applicant needs to pay to the Cyprus Council for the Recognition of Higher Education Qualifications (KY.S.A.T.S.) the fee of €34,17 for the issue of the recognition document for each Title.
The Certificate of Registration issued by the Cyprus Council for the Recognition of Higher Education Qualifications (KY.S.A.T.S.) is valid infinitely and does not need to be renewed.