In order to provide maintenance and repairing services of FISCAL Memory Cash Systems in the Republic of Cyprus, one needs to obtain the FISCAL Memory Cash Systems Maintenance Technician licence by the Department of Electrical and Mechanical Services, of the Ministry of Transport, Communications and Works.
For every person approved by the Director of the Department of Electrical and Mechanical Services, a licence will be given for making a seal nipper for sealing the housing of a device in case the original seal was removed for the purpose of maintenance or repair.
The term ‘’FISCAL Memory Cash Systems’’ refers to the electronic computing system which is used to issue income receipts («legal receipts» in transactions), reports and other statistical data and in which the fiscal memory, work memory, program memory, the clock, the control circuits of the printer of legal receipts, as well as the control units that connect with a keyboard, screens and other devices that input and output data and transfer data are secured in a tamper-proof way.
The application for the FISCAL Memory Cash Systems Maintenance Technician licence, can be submitted either electronically through the PSC Cyprus or by contacting directly the competent authority:
Department of Electrical and Mechanical Services
Agiou Ilarionos Avenue, Kaimakli, 1426 Nicosia, P.O BOX 29669,1722 Nicosia
Tel.:+357 22 800514, +357 22 800433
The applicant is informed regarding the authorisation decision within one month from the date that the application form and supporting documents were duly submitted.
Obligations and Supervision
Licensed FISCAL Memory Cash Systems maintenance technicians are obliged to ensure the requirements for the quality of the maintenance by complying with the following:
- to guarantee the supply of required parts for at least 5 years after sale date;
- the FISCAL Memory Cash System is accompanied by a maintenance booklet issued by the maintainer and contains the following:
- manufacturer information and full details of the importer or dealer;
- type of FISCAL Memory Cash Systems;
- power consumption at any state;
- number and date of the final approval;
- user data (Name/surname, tax identity number, Tax registration number);
- installation date;
- first operation date;
- page for conversions or concessions to other users;
- page specifying change of address;
- references for the call of the maintainer;
- beginning time and date of maintenance;
- end time and date of maintenance;
- maintenance technician information(Name/surname, tax identity number, Tax registration number).
- overall description for all abnormalities/breakdowns encountered and if the seal was removed or not;
- report of the number of the last tax ticket issued and the reset ticket before maintenance occurs;
- report of the initial and final number of the tax tickets that the maintenance technician printed during testing. The testing tickets are signed and sealed by the maintenance technician and kept in the users tax books;
- delivery Date and Time of the FISCAL Memory Cash System in case the maintenance took place elsewhere than the FISCAL Memory Cash System operating place;
- all pages of maintenance/repair must be signed by the technician and the owner.
The Department of Electrical and Mechanical Services supervises the licensed FISCAL Memory Cash Systems maintenance Technicians, in order to ensure compliance with the provisions of the relevant Laws and Regulations and the terms of the licence.